The VUMI®-Baymac Pilot VIP plan has been designed to include pilots within the Baymac Professional Pilots Group and their dependents.
NOTE: Vumi offers Competitive rates for larger families, with no additional charges for over 3 members
To be eligible for enrolment, pilots must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL), Multi-Crew Pilot License (MPL) or Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
- Have a valid medical certificate issued by an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) approved by the CPL, MPL or ATPLlicensing authority
- Be under 75 years old
- Be an active member of the Baymac Professional Pilot Group.
Pilots with a valid CPL, MPL or ATPL may join the plan until the age of 75. Minimum medical underwriting is required for pilots under 65 years old. Pilots who are 65 or older at the time of enrollment are required to complete a medical form, and may be required to provide additional medical information if required by the underwriters.
Pilots and dependents must be located outside of the US, its territories, or possessions at the time the insurance policy incepts or renews.
Dependents who meet any of the following criteria are eligible for medical coverage under the plan:
- Lawful spouse or domestic partner of an insured
- Dependent children under 24 years old, including children of the insured’s lawful spouse
- Adopted children or children under the legal guardianship of the insured, including step-children who depend on the insured for support
- Unmarried children who are 19-24 years old, and who are full-time students at an accredited educational institution and are not employed on a full-time basisAt all times during the policy period, members of the Baymac Professional Pilots Group must be in good standing.
WAITING PERIODS include:
- Maternity -12 months
- Mental and nervous conditions – 18 months
- HIV-AIDS – 24 months
- Pre-existing Conditions – 12 months