Bupa’s International Health and Hospital Plan (IHHP)
Of the previous BUPA International and (International Health Insurance danmark a/s (IHI) branded products, only the International Health and Hospital plan (IHHP) continues to be marketed in Hong Kong. (IHI was bought by BUPA in 2005 and ceased to exist as a brand on 1 January 2015).
In January 2015 BUPA announced it was stopping sale of all the IHI products (apart from the IHHP) and as well the range of products it used to sell under the brand of ‘Bupa International’ from 1/4/2015.
The IHHP or ‘International Health and Hospital Plan’ is the sole surviving IHI danmark plan in Hong Kong.
1. If you have an IHHP policy, you are entitled to a 10% discount if you buy our Single Trip or Annual Travel
2. The price rises on IHHP Bupa have been less than 10% pa over recent years, ie :
Benefits and Features of this Plan
The product is modular and comes with a compulsory Hospital, component, to which you can add other modules as below:
- Module 1 : Non – Hospitalisation Benefits
- Module 2 : Medicine and Appliances
- Medical 3: Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Module 4 : Dental and Optical
The IHHP comes with a range of deductible* options ie:
- EUR €: Nil, €350, €1,050, €4,000, €8,000, €16,000
- GBP £ : Nil, £250, £750, £2,750, £5,500, £11,000
- USD $: Nil, $400, $1,600, $5,000, $10,000, $20,000
Comparisons of this Plan and any others like it
A comparison of (old) Bupa Global Health Plans, which include: International Swiss Medical (ISM) Plan and the IHHP
A comparison of today’s (new) Bupa Global Health Plans, which include: Major Medical, Select, Premier, Elite, and Ultimate
Insurance Product Documents for Download
Bupa Global’s IHHP for European Economic Area (EEA)
Bupa Global’s IHHP for Non EEA
Bupa Global’s ISM