For over 30 years, APRIL International Care, an APRIL Group company, has been specialising in international health insurance solutions. They design, distribute and manage insurance plans and assistance services for individuals – travellers or expats – and businesses. April Group member was an international insurance group established in 1988, being the leading wholesale broker in France, they were listed on the Paris stock exchange since 1997. Have had over €1 Billion of consolidated turnover in 2019.
APRIL’S Vision & ambition
By combining local presence and international expertise, they aim to facilitate our customers’ access to top quality healthcare by providing flexible health insurance products to meet their needs, wherever they are in the world.
As a business line, APRIL International Care has:
- 130,000 insured members in 180 countries
- 260 employees
- €140M collected
- 20,000 distribution partners
- 26 different nationalities of employees
- 12 countries of operation
- 1988 April Assurances created
- 1997 IPO (Paris, Compartment A, SBF 120)
- 1999 Creation of April Italia, a subsidiary of Milan April Assurances (originally established under the name April SpA)
- 2001 Acquisition of London & European Title Insurance Services Ltd, a specialist in the design and management of insurance contracts.
- 2001 April Financial Services AG created (German subsidiary)
- 2006 Creation of April Iberia in Madrid to develop and distribute products of individual protection for the Spanish market.
- 2007 Start of operations of April Group in North America by the acquisition in Canada of Escape Travel Insurances.
- 2008 Development of the April Health network with a planned opening of 60 to 80 outlets.
- 2008 April acquired 100% of the share capital of online health insurance broker “Medibroker”
Company Annual Report
Insurance from April